Tuesday, October 17, 2006

More about me

I truly was a little vague on the whole about me thing. So I decided since I'm not going anywhere today I would take the time and actually tell you more about me. This should be fun.

For starters as I stated I am in my late 20's and I live in New York City, and I have a really great job as Junior Partner at a Real Estate firm, I LOVE my job. Course there are not so good perks but that comes with any job for anyone, doesn't it?

I've lived here in the city for almost 5 years, I originaly came to New York to persue an acting career, HAH, that was a no go from the first audition I went on. I stuck it out for 6 months, and then I thought I was a lost cause, but I one day I opened up the newspaper and saw the firm that I am with was hiring for a administrative assistant, I had a BA in business so I thought what the hell. I applied for the job and I got it, well no shit shirlock, it took me almost 5 years to work up the administrative ladder, and no surprisingly I did not sleep my way to the top, HAH.

In my younger years I grew up in a small town in Georgia, very remote, and nothing to do. They had 1 movie theatre and 1 gas station and 1 stop light, it was OOOOHHHH so boring. To everyone's surprise I was not a wild teen, I was somewhat a loner and a nerd, I know shocking! I was very sheltered in my life, yes I had 4 older sisters, so I knew all about the sex and the drama that comes with it, lol, but non-the-less I was sheltered. My mother and father were strick Catholics, and we went to church 3 times a week. By the time I graduated high school I had my fill of church and all that it offers, ick!

I was an A/B student all through my school years, and I did not get my first boyfriend until my freshman year in college. SHOCKER, again. I was a gangly teen as some people would say. Taller than most girls in my class. I had the natural blonde syndrome, still do, wore glasses and had braces, yeah I was a big joke in high school.

My sisters god bless them, were the most beautiful creatures known to our town. Boys flocked over them, but never with me, I they kind ran from me, lol. Back to my sisters, my oldest sister by ten years got into a heap of trouble with her looks. She came up pregnant at the age of 16, oh boy, my father flipped his lid. She was forced to marry the no good bastard that is now her ex husband and in prison (more on that later). So here was my sister at the age of 17 with a husband and a kid, and a father that looked down upon her and frankly he still does, I feel for my sister. But we all learned from her mistake, which I guess was good. She's remarried now, and has a wonderful husband and 2 more children, I love my niece and nephews all of them!

I guess I need to go into more detail on the whole BIG family part, well I really don't, but I'm gonna, so hush it, yes I'm a little pushy.

My mother and father married when they were young, I believe my mother was 17 and my father was 19. No my mother was not pregnant when they married, but both my parents came from very old fashion ways, where it was okay to get married at a young age. My mother never finished high school, and my father worked at a flour mill, he still does actually. My mother had my oldest sister Courtney when she was 19, and yes Courtney has the "first born" syndrome. My parents originally had only planned on having 4 children, well UM OOPS. My other sister, Johanna was born almost 1 year to the day after Courtney, their birthdays are just days apart. Amanda was born about 2 years later, and then Stephanie was about 1 year after that. So in a span of 5 years my mother had 4 children all 5 years and under. God I feel for her now!!! 1968,1969,1971,1972. YIKES.

They all lived happily as one big family, the family my parents had always wanted. So they lived their lives without worry, until my mother fell deathly ill. She was so sick for months, she couldn't figure out why. So she finally went to the doctor, and the cause of her illness, little me. She was never sick 1 time with the 4 previous pregnancies, I was special. They have claimed that ever since she found out that she was "accidentally" pregnant with me, I'm the special one. HAH. Then six years later another accident happened, my baby brother, Brent, you all can say ahhhh, it's allowed! Oh boy was he ever dad's little man, still is, he looks just like my father!

Okay, enough on that. I went to the University of Georgia and majored in Business Management. I found myself at College, the self that I am today. I grew out of my shell, which sometimes has been a bad bad ordeal, more on that later, this is a happy post. I had many boyfriends, and some um, one night ones. I found the partying me, within that mass of ugliness, and I bloomed those four years.

Moving away from the family was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. But I knew to do what I wanted (at the time acting) I couldn't be stuck back in Georgia in nowhereville. So that's how I landed here.

I live in an apartment that my company owns, and my roommate Shelly and I split the rent. She's a character in herself. She is everything I was taught while growing up to hate, to despise, to not associate with. She is a Wiccan, she is awesome, granted I was a little scared of her when we first met as friends, but once we new each other she is the most compassionate and caring person I have ever known. My parents don't like her, as they think her religion will spread over to me. I keep telling them that it won't, and I don't have a religion anymore, which is uspetting to them as well, but I'm old enough to do what I damn well please, screw anyone else and what they think. Anyways, I met her on an audition, needless to say she isn't persuing an acting career either, she's a teacher now.

Well that's enough for now, I probably better load the dishwater and take the trash out, you normal house stuff.

4 Comments:

Blogger brian said...

Well that is a the complete history, nearly complete history. Thanks. :)

Enjoy the rest of your day off and have some deli food for me. Maybe the Tick Tock Diner...man do I miss that place. Not to mention the pizza, and the bagels and the roasted nuts. Ok, I'll stop now.

Just curious, are you going to respond to comments? Because that is the best and most fun you can have blogging, the posts are just fluff.

3:57 PM  
Blogger MissSexyAnnie1 said...

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize that you were supposed to comment on the comments!!! HAH.

I have totally enjoyed my day off. The kitties are just purring away, they like when I'm home too. I will have some deli food for ya! Sounds good to me!!! I'm allergic to nuts so I can't help you there.

4:22 PM  
Blogger brian said...

That's ok Annie. Most people won't come back if you don't reply to them in comments. You don't have to respond, it's your blog, but that's how you make friends and build your blogroll. Think of it as a chat room. :) Speaking of, did the e-mail help?

We have three cats. Diane aka Feline Frisky talks about them all the time on her blog.

5:02 PM  
Blogger MissSexyAnnie1 said...

Brian - ahhh kitty cats are so sweet! I will take your advise and I will reply to the comments, thank you so much I did not know this!!!

There is alot for me to learn in blog world!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home